Founded in 1914
The history of Maersk Broker began in the first days of January 1913, where A.P. Møller established his own offices in the old stock exchange in Copenhagen. Initially, the activities included management of the fleets and the business of The Steamship Company Svendborg and The Steamship Company of 1912. To begin with, our entire staff consisted of only five employees who worked out of offices in Copenhagen’s old stock exchange building, but today, we are present in 15 countries with more than 250 employees.
Passing on the proud heritage of the Maersk family
In 1965, Mr Mærsk Mc-Kinney Møller took over the company after the passing of his father, and for 105 years, Maersk Broker was governed by the Maersk family. However, in 2019, Ane Mærsk Mc-Kinney Uggla, granddaughter of the founder, retired after being in the board of directors for 24 years – the last 9 years as chairman of the company. Kristian V. Mørch is the new chairman of the board, and he continues to lead Maersk Broker with passion, effort and loyalty.
Even though Maersk Broker is no longer governed by the Maersk family, to this day, the Møller family is still the private owner. In this connection, it is very important for us to balance our proud tradition and heritage with the demanding requirements of modern ship brokerage in a never-ending effort to be recognised by customers as their first choice.