Become a Shipbroker
Working as a broker at Maersk Broker means delivering the most attractive business propositions for our customers, bringing value to their business and solving problems on their behalf.
Although we hire shipbrokers at all stages along the path to becoming a senior shipbroker, many of our brokers start by joining our shipbroker trainee programme. This programme includes on-the-job training as well as e-learning and classroom training.
At Maersk Broker you will typically start your career by supporting experienced brokers, but you can also have your own accounts. Day-to-day responsibilities include e.g.:
- Developing and maintaining a client portfolio
- Taking part in contract negotiations
- Helping to develop projects.
As a senior shipbroker you often possess one of these positions:
- Senior director
- Global head
Careers in advisory services
We offer a wide range of advisory and analytical career opportunities. Below here, you can read more about them.
Maritime asset manager
Maritime asset managers advise either companies or various investment funds on maritime assets and execute asset management projects on behalf of the client. Day-to-day responsibilities include e.g.:
- Preparing tailored reports
- Sourcing vessels
- Facilitating ship registration
Working as a financial advisor means working with e.g.:
- Financial and commercial restructuring services
- Boutique-style sourcing
- Placement of senior debt.
Our business analysts engage in a broad spectrum of traditional corporate finance service activities. Business analysts joining us are normally expected to have at least eight years of relevant experience. Our focal point is:
- Debt and equity capital sourcing on behalf of external clients for maritime corporate and project structures
- Financial restructuring of projects and corporate legal entities.
Our research department provides clients and the global Maersk Broker organisation with high-quality market intelligence, analysis and tailor-made studies on various shipping markets. Our researchers study everything from e.g. energy and commodity to the vessel supply market.